Sumber: Fatmah Bahalwan
100 gr manisan kolang-kaling merah
100 gr manisan kolang-kaling hijau
100 gr manisan rumput laut putih
100 gr cincau hitam
100 gr nata de coco cube
Simple syrup secukupnya
Susu kental manis, secukupnya
Syrup merah, secukupnya (misal syrup coco pandan)
Es batu serut, secukupnya
– taruh dalam mangkuk masing-masing manisan, tata rapi.
– Siram dengan simpel syrup, taburi es serut. Kucuri susu kental manis dan syrup merah.
– Sajikan segera.
Source and Photos: Cara Membuat Merah Delima/Rubies in Coconut Milk/ Tub-tim Grob
1/2 can water chestnuts
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/3 cup sugar
5 drops red food coloring
1/3 cup coconut milk
- Take half a can of water chestnuts, about 10-15 pieces. Use fresh water chestnuts if you like, but the ones in the can are already peeled and ready to be used. Slice each chestnut into half, making two round disks. Make two cuts into the two disks to make 6 equally sized pieces. Set chestnut pieces into a bowl and drop the red food coloring and a teaspoon of water and mix well. If you would like to use other natural food coloring, I would recommend beet juice that comes from boiled beets.
- The next step is to turn the red chestnuts into rubies. Drain the chestnuts of any juice. Put tapioca flour in a big bowl. Drop the chestnuts in and shake the bowl around to coat the chestnuts with flour. Scoop the chestnuts into a strainer to get rid of the excess flour. Put it into another bowl. Here is the secret: spray some water on the chestnuts with a misting spritzer. Put them back in the flour bowl. Coat them with flour again. If you want bigger rubies, repeat the spraying and flouring.
- Boil a pot of water. When boiling, dump the coated rubies in. The cooked rubies will float and show their beautiful color. Scoop them up in a strainer and dump them in ice water.
- In a small cup add sugar and water to make syrup. Microwave the cup for 3-4 minutes depending on your microwave.
- Divide the rubies into equal amounts and set in two bowls. Pour out water from the bowls. Add half of the coconut milk and half of the syrup to make one serving. Serve with crushed ice in the summer time.
Tips and substitutions
I really appreciate frozen coconut milk when it comes to preparing desserts. You can get by with the can coconut milk. But frozen coconut milk tastes a thousand times better.
Resep: Fatmah Bahalwan
3 bh kiwi, kupas, iris tipis
½ bh melon hijau, keruk bulat
300 gr nata de coco cube, siap beli
1 klng anggur hijau kalengan, tiriskan
100 gr gula pasir
500 ml air
1 ikat daun mint
– masak semua bahan syrup hingga gula larut dan daun mint layu, angkat, saring. Sisihkan.
– Taruh semua bahan buah dalam wadah, tuangi syrup. Dinginkan hingga saat disajikan.