Cake ini hasilnya lembut dan moist dengan harum kayu manis dan jahe yang menggoda. Salah satu cara untuk memanfaatkan sayuran menjadi santapan cake yang lezat.
Serving: Makes two 10-inch-by-2-inch round layers (echa: biasanya saya bikin setengah resep untuk satu loyang bundar diameter 24 cm)
* 2 Cups walnuts (echa: beli jadi yang sudah dihaluskan, jadi langkah 1 aku skip)
* 2 1/2 Cups canola oil, plus more for pans
* 4 Cups all-purpose flour
* 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
* 2 Teaspoons baking powder
* 2 Teaspoons salt
* 4 Cups granulated sugar (echa: maks 3 cups, terlalu manis)
* 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
* 6 cups grated zucchini (about 1 3/4 pounds)
* 2 teaspoons ground ginger
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees;. Spread walnuts on a baking pan; bake until fragrant, about 7 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Coarsely chop walnuts, and set aside.
2. Lightly oil two 10-by-2-inch round cake pans, and line bottoms with parchment. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine oil and sugar on low speed. Slowly add half of the flour mixture, and continue mixing until well blended. Add remaining flour mixture and eggs in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Mix until combined, about 1 minute.
4. Transfer batter to a large mixing bowl. Stir in zucchini and walnuts. Divide batter equally between prepared baking pans (6 1/2 cups per cake pan for the carrot and 6 cups for the zucchini). Bake until golden brown and firm, about 1 hour. A wooden skewer inserted in the center of the cake should come out clean.
5. Transfer pans to wire rack to cool completely before unmolding.